|Type of use||Industry|
|Site area||16,476 m²|
|Usable area||16,476 m²|
In St. Margrethen, where HIAG was founded in 1876 as a timber trading company, Stadler Rail’s new factory now forms a cross-generational hub for the economic development of the St. Gallen Rhine Valley.
On Nov. 3 2020, approximately 66,000 square metres of the site’s land area, whose construction rights had previously been transferred to Stadler, was sold to the Swiss railway rolling stock solution provider. The rest of the St. Margrethen site remains part of HIAG’s real estate portfolio. It will continue to be rented, with construction rights, by a major logistics player, and serve as a parking lot. As an extension of the “city center” zoning of St. Margrethen is currently considered, the site offers additional redevelopment potential.